cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageClass MF269dw scans save as .JPG despite default settings

Lycaeides
Apprentice

running windows 10, 64 bit

When I scan from the printer, the default setting is to scan in color, and save as PDF. However, when we scan , it saves as a JPG. I've tried restoring original default settings, and also tried using colorful language (neither solved the issue, though cursing made me feel slightly better). This isn't too terrible when it's only one page, but i often need to scan mulptiple duplexed pages into one document. 

I have the mf scan utility installed, but this printer is not next to my computer (shared  printer) so i haven't experimented with changing the settings and scaning (and running back and forth across the building) using that 

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Lycaeides,

The MF scan utility will control what the scanner does when you transfer a scan to the computer using the button panel. In the Mf Scan utility, you can click on the option for settings in the lower right and then you can click on the item at the top that looks like the scanner. Once you click on it, you will see the settings for the different scan options available on the MF269 operation panel. You can view the settings using the manual found in the link HERE. 

Announcements