cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF632Cdw Random Horizontal Lines

Mike4311
Apprentice

Every time I print copy or scan the image is just random horizontal lines. Has anyone ever had this issue. The cartridges still have about 50% life according to the printer. Whenever I try to adjust the printer settings it always fails. 

CCE0CDB2-97C7-409F-8019-9BDD2181DB1F.jpeg

9 REPLIES 9

grizfan93
Apprentice

same here and it is so frustrating. Was working fine all weekend, too. now, even though my toner carts are all at least 1/2 full, I'm out of luck. 

From what I've seen, a lot of the troubleshooting steps suggest an issue with the toner, but for all 4 of them to all develop this problem? doesn't seem likely, and I would hate to spend money on new toner only to find it is a different problem.

something strange I've noticed. I'm using the latest MacOS, and I've been trying to print PDFs using the Preview app. There, I get these random horizontal lines. But, printing form other programs, such as Safari or Apple's Pages, things print fine. 

So, @mike4311 - maybe check to see if you get different behavior from different applications? Very strange

also - I downloaded a 3rd party PDF reader (Foxit) and printed the same PDFs from that app, and they printed fine. 

I should note that the horizontal lines I saw on my LBP622Cdw look exactly the same as those in your photo. Hopefully, this helps you

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Mike4311,

We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance. For a more immediate resolution, you can contact our support team at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist.

1. What version of the Mac or Windows operating system are you using on your computer?
  2. What model toner cartridges do you have loaded in the printer at the moment?

I'm not the original poster, but same problem, same printer, only my stripes are black only.  It's not the toner, I changed it plus the stripes are completely random.  I'm running Windows 10 and cartridges are 045.

What I have done so far:  

Run Clean Fixing Assembly multiple times, Run Clean ITB multiple times, changed toner cartridges, updated firmware, hard reset to factory settings, printed from different computers

coloradoperkins
Apprentice

Same problem here, mine look just like yours but only black.  It is NOT the toner.  I changed the toner, plus it's totally random.  It will print two pages clean, then several with these streaks.  Same printer, running Windows 10.

I eventually got things working again. At first, I thought these lines were introduced by the PDF reader program, but that turned out not to be the case. It would randomly print fine, then randomly have the lines. What eventually got things going was cleaning the fixing assembly a few times. It took a few repeated tries to get it to work, but now things print fine. this Youtube video shows the process (and provides a lot of other tips for cleaning this printer)

I will try that.  I did do a cleaning once on everything that had a cleaning utility, but I only did it once.

Announcements