cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS LBP6230dw not recognized on Mac Mavericks

Juney
Apprentice

Hello,

First time Canon purchaser. Just got my new ImageClass LBP6230dw wireless laser printer. Connected to my Mac OSX with Mavericks operating system. Downloaded required software from Canon online. After installing everything, all printing works perfectly (recognized in print utility when USB is plugged in... however, when I unplug the USB port, the print utility shows printer now OFFLINE or sometimes it is not even recognized - therefore cannot print anything because it no longer shows.

I want to print wirelessly.

I have everything setup in regards to my wireless setup assistant - all network wifi-address is correct, WPA security is set, etc.

Also, the wifi blue light on the printer remains lit when I unplug the USB so that is okay. But cannot figure why unplugging the USB cable into the computer port is problematic.

Help appreciated.

22 REPLIES 22

I'm having the same problem.  Tried the solution but unable to get it to work.  It says "Unable to connect to 192.168.1.101 due to an error"

Please advise a solution.

I am having the same problem. How do I find my IP address on the canon printer? I am trying to go through the steps. 

I did the network tool and it went through but when I print it says not connected. It prints find using the USB but not wireless. 

Alana303
Apprentice

Hello ! I am making this more as a bookmark reminder for myself, as I always forget how to reconnect the printer to my Mac laptop whenever I unplug the machine.

This is in reference to my 2017 Macbook Pro laptop to a Canon LBP6230dw. Whenever I unplug this printer, I have to go through the whole process of adding the printer back to the laptop as the IP address changes, which is quite annoying, because I always forget how I did it the previous time. You can also call Canon Tech Support, they have been successful in helping me get it connected again, although sometimes it takes a bit of time to get here. So I am writing this reply here for myself and others with the same problem, so perhaps they can troubleshoot for themselves.

Please refer to the below photo.

The first, longer arrow is pointing to a button that looks like a stack of papers.

The second, shorter arrow is pointing to the button that will help connect to your wifi router in your home/office.

1. After turning your printer back on, push and hold the button that is shown from the shorter arrow, until the blue light is flashing on and off. (This is the button directly under the blue wifi light, which is also above the power button for the printer)

2. Go to your wireless internet router box, and push and hold the "WPS" button that is normally on top of the box. This will also flash a couple of times and then turn off.

3. Go back to your printer, and now push the button shown on the longer arrow, the one with the stack of papers icon. (Sorry I didn't look up the proper names for these buttons). Then, it will print out the User Data List, that will show us what the IP address is for your printer. It may have been the same as before, but it might have needed to just connect to your router again. 

At this point, if your IP address was the same as the one listed under your laptop's Printer Settings, then the printer should be back online. 

If it has a different IP address listed, then you may need to remove the old printer on the settings and add a new one. I forgot how to do this, and right now my printer did connect back online doing the above steps. If someones with better knowledge can show us the adding back the printer on the settings to the next reply, I would greatly appreciate it! Hope you are all doing great out there, much love. 

4. Now go to your laptop settings, and under System Preferences, 

IMG_6689.jpg

click here to view the gallery
Announcements