cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very confusing Printer Preferences settings on a Canon D1620

wysocki
Contributor

I'm VERY confused about Windows printer preferences and profiles. I just installed the D1620 and everything is printing 2-sided! So I went into the preferences and it shows up as Default Settings with 2-sided printing.

ImageCapture056.png

So I'm not sure if I should just change it to 1-sided on this screen, or if I should click the EDIT(2) button to edit my settings. (Why is there a red dot on Default Settings? Why is there a (2) on the EDIT button?). Anyway, when I click the edit button, I see various "Profiles" to choose (like on the previous screen and all with red dots), but no way to make any changes there.

ImageCapture057.png

So, then if I make the change on the main preferences screen, I get a little pencil that appears with the word "Change" on the default settings!!! 

ImageCapture058.png

So WHERE am I supposed to make the settings change to get one-sided printing as the Default? Then, is it possible to create a second printer (with same port/driver) that has 2-sided as its default? I've searched all over the net for information on this depth of printer preferences to no avail. Can someone point me to a bit of help?

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

This may help:

Canon - imageCLASS D1650 / D1620 - User's Guide (manual.canon)

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Wysocki,

If you would like assistance with the driver settings on your computer and what the different settings are for, you can also, contact our support teat at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to go through the driver settings and what they change.

Announcements