cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support Code 5207

RobBax68
Apprentice

I mistakenly put this under the 'office printer' category when it should go here...  [Canon MAXIFY models are classified as office printers, so we moved it back.]

I have had the Maxify MB2320 for about 3-4 years and it has worked pretty consistently until recently.  Now it doesn't seem to be pulling paper from either paper cassettes.  Whenever I attempt to print from anything (my phone, work laptop, iMac, etc) the printer starts acting like it's going to print (it sounds like it's printing) but it only spins its wheels and no paper gets pulled from a cassette.  Everytime it happens I get the same error message.  It says:

Support Code  5207

Printer Error has occured.

Follow the Steps Below.

1. Cancel printing, then turn the device off

2. Turn the device on again.

I've done that about 20 times now to no avail.  I reset the settings and same thing.  Any suggestions?  I need to get this working for my kids school work as they are going to school remotely for the semester and I really don't want to buy a new printer.  Thanks in advance!!!

12 REPLIES 12

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Error code information from Canon is vague:

https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/ErrorCode/MB2300%20series/EN/ERR/5207.html

The steps you have performed are correct.  Only other thing I can recommend.  

Power off the device

Remove the paper tray(s)

Remove the toner cartridge

Inspect the entire inside for debris, paper or obstructions, broken pieces or jams, etc.  

Look for areas of heavy wear, misalignment, etc.

I don't know if this error is electrical related based on the knowlegdebase, so if you don't "see" something wrong, the issue might be unrecoverable or the device might require service.

If you can't get it resolved, this will be a throw money at it...  Costco, BestBuy, OfficeDepot or Staples...   to keep the kids printing.  Hope you figure it out.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi RobBox68,

The 5207 error can be caused by a paper jam.  Canon has 2 videos that you can view in regards to resolving paper jam or paper feed issues.

Please view the following two troubleshooting videos available from the MAXIFY MB2320's Support Page:

1.  Remove paper jam from front of printer:

http://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/Manual/W/MB2300%20series/EN/UF/movie/mb2300-07-1/video-player.htm...

2.  Remove paper jam from back of printer:

http://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/Manual/W/MB2300%20series/EN/UF/movie/mb2300-07-2/video-player.htm...

After following the steps in these two videos, does the 5207 error persist on your MAXIFY MB2320?  If the error persists, Please perform a roller cleaning:

https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/Manual/W/MB2300%20series/EN/BG/bg-maintenance2400.html

If the error remains, your MAXIFY MB2320 would require service.

You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free standard shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30PM ET). If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8am to Midnight. Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

corsco
Apprentice

I have a similar issue to the ofiginal post from Sept

I have had this printer for a couple years with no major issues other than minor print quaility (images and lines that could be likely fixed w/ cleaning)

All of a sudden about a month ago it stopped working with this error.  I have tried several cleaning methods w/ no luck.  Before I can perform any service through 'Settings' it stops w/ this error.

Please let me know any troubleshooting I can do, or if it needs service or replacement.

Cory

Hi corsco,

If the error persists, your Canon printer would require service.  You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free standard shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30PM ET). If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 weekdays and Saturdays after 11 AM ET (8 AM PT). Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have just started getting the Code 5207 on my MB2120, I have tried all suggestions posted so far and nothing is working?

What may I do to get this issue resolved?

Thank you in advance

Regards,

Terry

Hello,

I recommend you contact Canon support at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST excluding holidays.

You will need to have a Canon account when you call. If you have not created account, please click HERE:

Your answer to many questions about this problem is of NO help to anyone. Very poor service from Canon. It is a simple question... error 5207.  Maybe google is a better place to look for answers to this as Canon as always gives the same answer and are unwilling to help.

Mjmarkle82
Apprentice
Having this exact same problem, tried all the same steps...I either get error 5207 or 5200 but I have at least 50% ink in all cartridges and every single maintenance step was tried but every single one of them failed.

Was printing fine not even a week ago. No idea how to get this thing to work.

Kirankodati
Apprentice
Same issue here. I have been trying several suggestions receiving from everyone.. still no use.
Announcements