cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: crop frame

coconutwireless
Contributor
I was trying to find KB articles with Crop Frame and the results didn't offer solutions to what I was trying to find.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Figured it out. I wanted to scan photos but DON'T USE PHOTO. use SCAN GEAR instead. took a bit to get the settings I needed but finally got it working fairly quickly and effeciently

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

coconutwireless
Contributor

Aloha from Hawaii.

I'm trying to scan photos and I'd like to know if there is a crop frame. I'm scanning and it's taking the whole bed. If i go to the settings and try to set the size to 4X6 inches, I can't as it says width and height from 1.00 to 0.07 inches.

I'm using MF scan utility, v1.9.0.0 on a windows 10 machine.

Hi Coconutwireless,

Welcome to the Canon forum! So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know what model printer you are using.  
Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.  If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Suggest you review the Scanning Utility User Guide

See page 17, item 9

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm not trying to stitch pictures together.

For the printer, I have the Color ImageClass MF733CDW.  I originally didn't put that in the post because the crop frame would be in the software and not the scanner hardware...or so I thought. I have an older version of Photoshop and have the crop frame in there, unfortunately, I end up creating a default BMP version with the initial preview of the file and then I save as PNG. Having two copies of the picture is not fun since they both end up in different file locations.

My previous MFP was an EPSON WorkForce 610 and its software had the crop frame and I only got one version of the file when I was done. I'm hoping for the same with the Canon software.

Figured it out. I wanted to scan photos but DON'T USE PHOTO. use SCAN GEAR instead. took a bit to get the settings I needed but finally got it working fairly quickly and effeciently

Announcements