cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MF3010 Unable to Detect Scanner

CanonUser41
Apprentice

Hello, 

I am currently running the latest Mac OS software. However, my Macbook is unable to detect my scanner. I cannot open MF Tool Box, the following message would appear:

Screen Shot 2019-05-05 at 9.39.08 AM.png

My printer is functioning normally, but I am unable to use the scanner. I have tried installing the latest drivers but nothing has worked yet. By the way, my printer (MF 3010) is connected to my Macbook via USB. Please help! 

2 REPLIES 2

richardr
Apprentice

Just installed my PIXMA G3200 printer to Mac using Mojave.  It works beautifully except for the ability to scan to the computer  software (Canon IJ Scan Utility-  doesn't recognize the new printer.

Patrice
Whiz

Hi CanonUser41.

Are there any devices connected between the printer and the computer, like a USB docking station or extender?  If so, please disconnect the printer from the device, and then connect it directly to the computer. Next, scan a document. 

May I also have you perform a complete uninstall and reinstall of the scanner driver. Please quit the MF Toolbox software, and then follow the instructions below to uninstall the drivers:

1. Click on [Finder] and then click [Go] at the top of the screen.

2. Select [Applications].

3. Delete the [Canon MF Utilities] folder.

4. Click on [Go] again, and select the [Macintosh HD].

5. Click [Library].

6. Click [Image Capture].

7. Empty the [Device] and [TWAIN Data Sources] folders.

8. Reboot the computer.

9. Once the computer is back on, empty the [Trash Bin].

Once you have emptied the Trash, please click the link below to download and reinstall the scanner driver and software:

mac-scan-v2140-00.dmg

If the issue persists, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements