cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Density from Android Different from Windows??

ejwoodward
Apprentice

Hi, I have an imageCLASS MF743Cdw color laser printer.  I primarily use a Windows 10 device to print documents, and my wife primarily uses an Android device.   

When we print the exact same document from both devices, we've noticed that printing from the Android device creates a washed out or muted print density compared to printing from Windows 10. 

There is no ability to adjust the media type or the print density on the Android apps (I've used both Mopria and the Canon app).  And setting the media type on the printer directly doesn't help either.  I'm not sure what else to do to help the situation.  Any thoughts?

2 REPLIES 2

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello ejwoodward,

Unfortunately the Android does not load drivers for the printer so the Windows computer will have more options for print quality. When printing, the device that you are printing from will control the quality settings. The settings on the printer will be just for the paper size and type so it knows which tray to use when printing. To see what setting to adjust or what options are available, we would need some additional information to continue. If you could reply with the information below, we will be able to assist further.

1. What size and type of paper are you printing on?
  2. What print quality settings are you using when you print from the WIndows computer?

ejwoodward
Apprentice
Hi Hector,

I've printed on regular paper and card stock. When printing from Windows, I choose the "Normal 2" setting for regular paper, and the "Heavy 3" setting for the card stock. When I print from Android, I choose the exact same settings on the printer itself. Despite using the same settings, the print quality is still vastly different from the 2 operating systems.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements