cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-purpose Tray Won't Pull Paper - Image Class MF733cdw

MTBioGuy
Contributor
I love this printer, unfortunately nothing I try will cause the printer to pull paper from the multi-purpose tray. With my old HP printers all you had to do was add a sheet of paper to the m-p tray slot and the printer would ignore the primary large capacity tray and pull instead from the m-p tray. Very handy. Now why can't my new Canon do that? Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MTBioGuy
Contributor
Thanks… that was a big help! You might want to add… next time… that the person seeking Android mobile WiFi printing help should first confirm that they are currently logged into the same wifi network as the one they had previously registered into the printer network SSID settings… only 2.4GHz I might add. I was on my 5.0GHz network… apparently not supported by this printer. Couldn't see ANY printers using the Canon Business app. Thanks a bunch!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

MTBioGuy
Contributor
I should add that this problem is happening when the source is an Android device… not a computer.

Can anyone tell me how where the new posting button is?  

Hi Seventhgalaxy,

Here's how to post a new message to one of our message boards:

1) Select what your product type is from the 6 options at the top of the screen (About the Community, Camera, Printer, Cinema EOS, Camcorder, or General Discussion).
2) On the next screen you'll choose more specifically what your product is (for example: personal printers, office printers, etc... from the printer list)

3) Finally, on the next screen towards the top left there will be a "New Message" option.

We hope this helps!

Patrice
Whiz

Hi MTBioGuy.

With the imageCLASS printers, you will need to set the paper settings on the printer to match the settings from the device you are using for printing.If you are using two different sizes of paper, then the correct tray should be detected automatically. However, if you are using the same size paper in both trays, you will need to set the paper source in the printer settings on the device.

For your Android device, using the Canon Print Business App, on the Preview screen you should see an option for [LTR], [1 Copies], and [Print Range: All]. Tap this area and it will bring up the printer settings. Next, tap Source or Paper Source. Select the multi-purpose (MP) tray there, and then return to the main print screen. Tap [Print] and the machine should start printing from the MP tray.

If you still continue to experience an issue, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

MTBioGuy
Contributor
Thanks… that was a big help! You might want to add… next time… that the person seeking Android mobile WiFi printing help should first confirm that they are currently logged into the same wifi network as the one they had previously registered into the printer network SSID settings… only 2.4GHz I might add. I was on my 5.0GHz network… apparently not supported by this printer. Couldn't see ANY printers using the Canon Business app. Thanks a bunch!

kellyod
Apprentice

Honestly, the WORST idea was to make this purchase so to all those thinking about it DO NOT. Even my Manager is disappointed. The paper WILL NOT feed from the main tray and you will lose your mind trying to figure this out. Then you call into the help # and are on hold for so long you end up hanging up. DO NOT BUY THIS! I am aboutto ship it back because this is unbelievable when I was the one who talked up this printer. HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE. It has been sitting here for two montsh already!!!!!! 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements