cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon IPF-605 Printhead Issue

gazpodel
Apprentice

Hi

Around a year ago my boss purchased a canon IPF 605 from a thirdparty user in London who wasn't using it.

I took delivery set it up and installed the ink catridges. I eventually discovered there was insufficient ink in them to refil the system so I replaced all of the tanks. We then found that a message appeared saying the maintenance catridge was full so we replaced that and ended up with a very good machine.

We've used it 10-20 times in the last year. Last week we tried to print and was presented with a message saying printhead error, and the machine suggested we run the cleaning routines. Tried both option 1 & 2 on a number of occasions. 

So Yesterday we procured a new printhead (I did read somewhere this machine also accepts the PF-04 printhead). I replaced earlier only to be presented with a message asking replace "Used" printhead (this was Brand New in Original Packaging).

Put the original back (PF-03) into the machine, system filled with ink - back to original message - tried then to re-try the PF04 that we have bought (at considerable cost of £299) only to find the system is now asking for a new maintenance catridge.

Have I simply bought the wrong printhead and the various routines have now filled the maintenance cartridge? or is there something alot more serious going on? I don't want to spend around another £300-£400 of my boss's ££££ only to find that it doesn't accept a new/replacement PF03 printhead and Maint Cart... HELP!

1 REPLY 1

Porcha
Rising Star

Hi,

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation, however, we need to let you know that the Canon Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, to go: https://global.canon and select your country or region for your support needs.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements