cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX925 ignores 10x15cm photopaper setting and prints from the bottom tray in A4

bobwherry
Apprentice

We have 2 MX925 all in one. A few weeks ago both all of a sudden stopped printing completely. We had to re-install both to get them working again. Today we wanted to print some photo's so I loaded photo paper into the top tray and selected the 10x15 cm size, media quality set to glossy BUT... only the bottom tray can be selected. no matter what setting we use, the printer prints from the bottom tray on A4 size. There is no error message that the top tray is empty, It seems that the printer does not recognise that there is a top tray.

We use 2 x Macbook pro with OSx 10.8.5, both printers are connected to the network by ethernet cable, no wireless printing used.

Any Ideas?

By the way, We are increasingly unhappy with the drivers and software. The print quality is good, but the features for which I chose these 2 printers are not functional, fo example, I cannot print on printable CD's, the CD tray is not recognised ! once again on both printers. How can such a leading company provide such crap SW?

1 REPLY 1

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

When you add the printer to your computer in the Settings Printers and Scanners menu are you selecting the Bonjour printer or the IJ Printer ?

Usually the Bonjour printer appears first but if you wait, could be a few minutes, the IJ printer appeares.

You want the IJ printer. The Bonjour printer option has limited features.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6588431?start=0&tstart=0

You could also give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements