cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF8350Cdn color prining problem

crowleyd102
Apprentice

All color prints had pink tinge, replaced magenta & cyan toner, now blue horozontal bars

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi crowleyd102!

I know this issue is frustrating.  I recommend performing a fixing unit cleaning and image transfer belt cleaning.  Please follow the instructions below:

Fixing Unit Cleaning

1. Press (Menu).
2. Scroll to select <Adjustment/Cleaning>, and then press [OK].

3. Scroll to select <Clean Fixing Unit>, and then press [OK].

4. Confirm that paper is loaded, and then press [OK].

Load paper of the type displayed on the screen.

Cleaning starts. It takes approx. 68 seconds for MF8350Cdn.

* We recommend that you should use plain paper to clean the fixing unit.

NOTE:
If cleaning does not start, check if any jobs are stored in the memory.

When some jobs are stored in the memory, this function is not available.

5. Press [  ] (Menu), then close the menu screen.

Clean ITB

1. Press (Menu).

2. Scroll to select <Adjustment/Cleaning>, and then press [OK].

3.  Scroll to select <Clean ITB>, and then press [OK].

4. Press [OK].

Cleaning starts. It takes approx. 51 seconds for MF8350Cdn.

5. Press (Menu), and then close the menu screen.

If the error persists, after performing these cleanings, I recommend using genuine Canon cartridges.  We are unable to provide support for third-party cartridges.  Should you need further assistance, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Hi joudy!

Thank you for contacting Canon USA! 

You'll want to make sure you have the most current version of the Canon software installed on your computer so that it can communicate properly with your PIXMA MP640. You'll find the software HERE

Once you're on that page, click on "Drivers & Downloads," then make sure to download the most current driver from the "Drivers" tab, then head to the "Software" tab and install the most recent version of "My Image Garden" (it should be the top one). 

If you run into any snags, or if you already have the most current software on your computer, you'll want to reach out to technical support. If you're in the USA, our team can be reached by phone during the week from 10am to 10pm at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) or by email at http://Canon.us/EmailCF.  If you're outside of the USA, you'll want to head HERE and select your country or region for your support options. 

Announcements