cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TONER STATUS INDICATOR

Maestro1
Contributor

I recently purchased a new computer and got my CANON Imageclass MF232W printer installed without a problem.

But...whenever I open the Canon Office Printer Utility, I see a message saying, "The toner status details cannot be displayed." I think this is probably just because I haven't downloaded or installed a program or driver or something. The utility does give me the option to "Download Software," but I'm not sure what I need to download and install that will enable me to see my toner status.

Can anybody advise me?

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

"New Computer" ?  PC or MAC?

"Canon Office Printer Utility?

Is this an App or a software program?

I'm going to guess Windows 10 App?  Which requires the  UFR II/UFRII LT V4 Printer Driver to use this application.  If so, that is avaialble here:

Support | Black and White laser | imageCLASS MF232w | Canon USA

Office Printer Util.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi, and thanks so much for your response.

I did as you suggested, but then this pops up...and for a whole bunch of files. So obviously I must have downloaded this software at some point, but it didn't install (?).

"File UFRII_V4_PrinterDriver_V712\Driver\cnnv4_cb3_amd64.cab already exists. Overwrite file?"

If I click on "Yes," I get a similar message for a whole bunch of other files. I clicked on "Cancel."

Natey
Apprentice

Instead of intalling the Toner Status app, you can also log in to the IP Address of the printer to check on the toner status/levels:

imageClass toner levels

Thanks for your response, Natey.

And how do I do what you suggested? I do have the Utility on my computer but, when I open it, it says "The toner status details cannot be displayed."

Announcements