cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF8280CW WIRELESSLY PRINTING BUT NOT SCANNING

titaniuminc
Apprentice

Hello ! I have a Canon MF8280Cw connected wirelessly through wifi to all my computers (all mac os). I used to be able to scan wirelessly with no flaws but for some reason now i am not. Mac shows Error code: 2100010

18 REPLIES 18

Patrice
Whiz

Hi titaniuminc!

I will be glad to assist you.

It appears that the scanner may no longer be recognized in the network settings.  Please follow the instructions below to verify the printer is listed in the network settings of the Canon MF Toolbox program:

1.  Select [Applications] under [GO].

2.  Select [Canon MF Utilities] > [MF Toolbox 4.9].

3.  You may receive an error that the scanner is not connected.  This is fine.

4.  Click [MF Toolbox] next to the Apple icon in the left corner of the screen and select [Network Settings].

5.  Select the [MF8200C Series], and then click on the [+] symbol and select [Add].

After performing the steps above, please perform a scan again.

I hope this information is helpful to you.  Should the error persist, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

This isnt working, keeps giving me the same error.

Thank you for your reply.

Are you scanning using the [Remote Scanner] or [Computer] scan option?

I look forward to your reply.  Should you need immediate assistance, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Remote scanner i believe

Hi,

Firstly, I am having the same problem with my MF8280cw printer using a MacBook Air and OSX 10.14.6. I followed your posted instructions for adding the scanner with MF Toolbox but the toolbox doesnt show any scanner. Even though my printer is added and active.

This is the error message I get when using either the Apple SCan
Feature(right next to the print option in system preferences)

Cannot scan because of the following:

- Scan type set on the scanner is incorrect
- Scanner is busy
- Error occurred in the scanner
- Scanner is in Sleep mode

Check the scanner status and try again.
Scanner driver will be terminated.

Error code: 2100010

On the printer, I still have a blinking red light on the LCD and an error message, "Cannot use Cloud printing. Check settings from Remote UI"

Please advise.

Hi kabir12345.

It sounds like there may be something blocking the ports for Google Cloud Print and the scanning function. Do you have any type of antivirus or firewall software installed on your computer?

We look forward to your reply. If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Hi,

I am having the same problem with my MF8280cw printer using a MacBook Pro and OSX 10.10.5. I followed your posted instructions for adding the scanner with MF Toolbox- which worked only for adding the scanner.  I am still able to print but not scan wirelessly.

This is the error message I get when using either the Canon software or Preview (Also, the printer does not appear in the "Import" menu of Adobe Photoshop CS5.):

- Scanner is busy

On the printer, I still have a blinking red light on the LCD and an error message, "Cannot use Cloud printing.  Check settings from Remote UI"

Thanks for any suggestions you can offer

Hi BMWTwisty,

did you find a solution to this then?

Hi,Ekran Resmi 2019-12-22 03.45.02.png

I am having the same problem with my MF8280cw printer using a MacBook 12 and OSX 10.15.2 Catalina I followed your posted instructions for adding the scanner with MF Toolbox- which worked only for adding the scanner. I am still able to print but not scan wirelessly.

- Scanner is busy

Announcements