cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF753cdW printing incorrectly

jocko327
Apprentice

I just got this printer, and I am having a hard time getting colors to print correctly. I printed a batch of 50 documents, and the color progressively gets a little worse with each page. The first page has decent color, but the last page is very bad.

I am running windows 11, updated firmware and drivers, and just went through as many of the cleaning cycles as I could. Many of them the printer just says that it cannot complete.

2 REPLIES 2

DouglasP
Apprentice

@jocko327 wrote:

I just got this printer, and I am having a hard time getting colors to print correctly. I printed a batch of 50 documents, and the color progressively gets a little worse with each page. The first page has decent color, but the last page is very bad.  Pay by Plate

I am running windows 11, updated firmware and drivers, and just went through as many of the cleaning cycles as I could. Many of them the printer just says that it cannot complete.

Hello,

If you're experiencing color degradation and printing issues with your new printer, here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the problem:

Check ink/toner levels: Ensure that the ink or toner cartridges have sufficient levels to produce accurate colors. Low ink or toner levels can affect print quality. If the levels are low, replace the cartridges with new ones.

Perform a print head alignment: Many printers have a print head alignment function that can help improve print quality. Consult your printer's user manual or software for instructions on how to perform a print head alignment. This process ensures that the print head nozzles are properly calibrated.

Clean the print heads: Use the printer's cleaning utility to clean the print heads. This process helps remove any clogged or dried ink that could be affecting print quality. If the cleaning cycles are not completing, it could indicate a larger issue with the printer's hardware. In that case, it may be necessary to contact the printer's manufacturer for further assistance or consider servicing the printer.

Check print settings: Verify that the print settings in your print dialog or printer software are correctly configured for the desired color output. Ensure that the color mode is set to "Color" and not "Grayscale" or "Black and White." Adjusting the print quality settings to a higher quality option may also improve color accuracy.

Use manufacturer-approved paper: Ensure that you are using paper recommended by the printer manufacturer. Using incompatible or low-quality paper can impact print quality, including color accuracy. Check the printer's manual or website for information on compatible paper types and weights.

Calibrate the printer: Some printers have a calibration function that allows you to adjust color settings for better accuracy. Check your printer's settings or software for calibration options and follow the instructions provided.

Update printer firmware and drivers: Ensure that you have the latest firmware and drivers installed for your printer. Visit the manufacturer's website and search for the model of your printer to download and install any available updates.

If you've followed these steps and are still experiencing color degradation, it's advisable to contact the printer's manufacturer or their customer support for further assistance. They can provide specific guidance based on the make and model of your printer and help troubleshoot the issue more effectively.

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Jocko327,

If the prints fade as the page count goes up and the printer is unable to perform certain cleaning functions or adjustments, it would point to a problem with the toner cartridge. In this situation, you can try reseating the toner to check for any leaks and you can replace any cartridges that are low/empty. Some third party toner cartridges can cause print quality issues an problems with maintenance/adjustments. 

We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance.
  1. Which maintenance options are you having problems performing and what errors do you get when you try to perform them?
  2. What model toner cartridge are you using and which company is it made by?
  3. Would you be able to attach a sample image of the print issue?

Announcements