cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF745C - issue with recognising what tray to print from

imnotarobot
Apprentice

I have just installed a MF745C printer.  I need it to print from two separate laptops.

Both laptops recognise the printer.  One works as it should, however the second one keeps telling me that the printer is out of paper, as it is trying to print from the Multi Purpose Tray, and not the general paper tray.

So I have to go to the printer, specify the paper tray on the display and it will print no problem.  Obviously not convenient.

I've tried to change the paper source on the printer setup from Automatic to Tray One, and all sorts of variations but it won't recognise the changes.

Can anyone help?  

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Imnotarobot.

You can run into paper settings issues if the paper size selected in the program you are printing from does not match the paper settings on the printer or if the computer you are printing from does not have the correct drivers installed. If one computer works, I would suggest reinstalling the recommended driver for the printer onto the computer that is having the problem. You can install the recommended driver using the link provided HERE.

If that does not resolve the issue, to provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance.

1. What paper size are you trying to print on?
  2. What version of the Mac or Windows operating system are you using on your computer?
  3. What message do you get on the display of the printer for the paper?
Announcements