cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF743cdw will not scan

autoandpetro
Apprentice

Purchased new Image Class MF743cdw all in one. Have two desktop win 10 computers I want to use it with. Neither computer has a wireless card in them. I have a Netgear R6400v2 router I would like to connect the printer to, then have each computer be able to use the print and scan functions when it is available. I have the Netgear Ready Share USB control center software loaded onto each computer. I have downloaded the driver package direct from Canon website and loaded each computer. Working with Canon support loading both computers we could not make either computer scan using the canon scan utility. We tried everything from reloading all drivers and programs, to direct connecting the MF743 to one computer with the same problem. We did reload drivers to be usb connected on the single computer test.

I said all that and need to add that I used a MF733cdw setup the exact same way with the Netgear R6400 and it worked till I woreout the 733. But the 743 will not communicate with either computer to scan. Both computers will print all day long but neither will communicate to scan.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello autoandpetro,

To use the scanner from both computers, you an connect the MF743 to your netgear router with an ethernet cable and that will put the printer on the network. Once connected to your router, you can activate the ethernet network connection using the steps provided in the link HERE.You will want to select the option for the wired lan connection.

Once the printer is connected via ethernet, the Windows 10 computers should be able to see the scanner through the network connection. You can download and reinstall the recommended drivers using the link provided HERE. The computers will connect to the MF743cdw using the network connection and would not need any USB sharing software.

If the setup does not find the scanner, you can turn off any security software currently running on the computer and you can try the install again.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello autoandpetro,

To use the scanner from both computers, you an connect the MF743 to your netgear router with an ethernet cable and that will put the printer on the network. Once connected to your router, you can activate the ethernet network connection using the steps provided in the link HERE.You will want to select the option for the wired lan connection.

Once the printer is connected via ethernet, the Windows 10 computers should be able to see the scanner through the network connection. You can download and reinstall the recommended drivers using the link provided HERE. The computers will connect to the MF743cdw using the network connection and would not need any USB sharing software.

If the setup does not find the scanner, you can turn off any security software currently running on the computer and you can try the install again.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Solution works seamlessly. Thank you so much. 

Announcements