cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF743Cdw Takes too long to find printer - constantly deleting the printer and reinstalling it

rockulius
Apprentice

I have trouble keeping a good connection on Air Print. I'm on a Mac and the printer usually does not connect easily. Then I reinstall driver and I always have a hard time finding it. Now there is a connection tool but that doesn't make it easier.

How can I get the printer and the Mac to find each other?

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Rockulius,

The airprint driver built into the Mac OS is not the driver that I would suggest using when connecting the printer. When adding the printer, it should use our UFR printer driver. To help with the connection, I would suggest trying to add the printer again. Before clicking add in the add printer window, check the USE drop down box to make sure the printer driver is selected instead of airprint.

If the driver is not available, I would suggest downloading and installing the UFR printer driver using the link HERE.

We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance.

1. What version of the Mac operating system are you using on your computer?
  2. When it does not print. do you get an error? If so, what error do you get?
Announcements