cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF644CDW - Questions Prior to Waiting for Tuesday 9/7/21 For Support To Open

Infoman
Apprentice

Hi...

In case anyone has any comments on the following...

My printer is connected wirelessly to my WiFi, and it prints fine.  However...

1) Hitting SCAN (with paper in feeder) on printer keeps saying "CONNECT TO COMPUTER" - not sure what it is looking for here, since it IS connected wirelessly.

2) MF Scan Utility - USED to work, but now when I click, for example, DOCUMENT, it does nothing.

3) CYAN toner at 20% - but printer keeps nagging me about this and preparing cartridge, etc.  Any way to at least temporarily stop these messages?  Could this possibly be preventing the MF Scan Utility to work pending a toner replacement?  If it's at 20%, why would I need to replace it NOW?

Thanks....

Andy

2 REPLIES 2

Inkdust
Apprentice

I have the same problem, despite my printer having a static IP and printing to it just before needing to scan a document. I've reverted to scanning to a thumb drive now. 

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Infoman,

If the MF Scan utility is not working, you will not be able scan from the operation panel. In this situation, I would suggest downloading and installing the scanner driver using the link HERE. Once the scanner driver has been reinstalled, you can try using the MFscan utility again to see if it can scan. If it can, you can try scanning again from the operation panel on the MF644Cdw.

We would be happy to assist further with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance.

1. What version of the Mac or Windows operating system are you using on your computer?
Announcements