Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF733cdw - Faded printouts

imagirlgeek
Contributor

Printer: Canon MF733cdw
Software: Print from any software
No Error Codes

Problem: Colors are faded when I print a graphic or a photo. I have replaced the Black toner cartridge with a brand new Canon toner cartridge, but no change. I have also updated the firmware on the printer, and installed the latest drivers. The 3 Color cartridges show 50% and the Black shows 100%. I have no idea if it's a problem with the hardware, or if there is a setting I can change, but no graphics or photos print correctly. I am more than willing to troubleshoot, but I really don't know where to go from here.

I'm attaching the on-screen vs. printed.  I realize the photo of the print isn't completley accurate (lighting and such), but very close to what I see.

This is what my test doc looks like on-screen:

test.jpg

And here's how it printed (notice the gray text is missing completely):

test-printed.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrice
Whiz

Hi imagirlgeek.

It is possible that the toner may be compacted. Please remove the Cyan, Magenta, and Yellow cartridges and gently rotate them left to right. After doing this, please print the sheet again.

If the issue persists, please perform a full gradation adjustment directly at the machine, by following the instructions at the link below:

Adjusting Gradation

Are any of the colors faded?

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Patrice
Whiz

Hi imagirlgeek.

It is possible that the toner may be compacted. Please remove the Cyan, Magenta, and Yellow cartridges and gently rotate them left to right. After doing this, please print the sheet again.

If the issue persists, please perform a full gradation adjustment directly at the machine, by following the instructions at the link below:

Adjusting Gradation

Are any of the colors faded?

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you Patrice!

First, I remove the toners, and gently rotated them.  I didn't see any change on my test print after this step.  However, after performing the Full Gradation Adjustment, there was a significant improvement!  Where the gray text didn't show up at all on my test print initially, it showed up perfectly after the gradation adjustment.  The graphic is also printing far better.  All the colors are showing up now.  Where the grass was almost a pink color before, it is now a proper green.  The purple harness is a bit over-saturated, but I think I can work that out with small tweaks.

Thank you again!  I was about 5 minutes away from tossing the printer out on the curb.

Announcements