cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF733cdw / Black Smudges

BlackSmudge
Apprentice

Hello!

I was wondering if any one would be able to tell me why my printer is printing black smudges down the right side of the paper when I print? I have replaced the transfer roll, and the black ink cartriage but nothing seems to be helping. From the printer pattern it looks like a roller mark of some sort? The line are evenly spaced and all the same size and shape. I am at a loss of what could be causing this. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much! PRINTER.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello, 

The issue looks like there is a problem with the hardware or there is some loose toner powder inside of the printer. You can try removing all of the toner cartridges and checking the inside of the printer for any loose toner powder that you can wipe up with a damp cloth. While the toner is out of the printer, you can inspect them to see if any are leaking. If that does not resolve the issue or reduce the appearance of the smudges, it looks like the printer needs service. In this situation, you can check your service options by logging into your MyCanon account or contacting support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to help.

RaymondTec
Apprentice

I'm having this exact same issue with the exact same printer. Did you ever figure out a solution?

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements