cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF656Cdw A scanner driver supporting this software is not installed. Install it and try again.

jsblume
Apprentice

I installed my Canon Color imageClass printer driver and scanner utility. When I tried to run the scanner utility, I got this message:

A scanner driver supporting this software is not installed. Install it and try again.

I uninstalled and reinstalled both. I've restarted my computer. I've uninstalled both and installed an older printer driver and then the scanner utility again - no luck.

The only solutions I've found in the community is what I've already done.

What is the solution?

I have the latest version of Windows 11 Pro.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

GSzabados
Apprentice

Try to install the complete driver package, it is called something like:

(Windows, 64-bit) MF657Cdw / MF655Cdw / MF651Cw Drivers (Generic Plus UFR II / Generic Plus PCL6 / Generic Plus PS3 / Generic Fax Driver / ScanGear)

I was struggling with the same problem, because the suggested driver is only the printer driver, but not the scanner driver.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

GSzabados
Apprentice

Try to install the complete driver package, it is called something like:

(Windows, 64-bit) MF657Cdw / MF655Cdw / MF651Cw Drivers (Generic Plus UFR II / Generic Plus PCL6 / Generic Plus PS3 / Generic Fax Driver / ScanGear)

I was struggling with the same problem, because the suggested driver is only the printer driver, but not the scanner driver.

Outstanding! It solved my problem with my MF424DW. Thanks!

jsblume
Apprentice

Thank you! That did it. I modified your search string for my printer model and found the installer.

Announcements