Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

MF645 Blank Page Scanning

Hello,

I scan multiple pages with my MF645 Printer. I don't want to see the blank pages. Can i do any settings for that?

Thanks. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: MF645 Blank Page Scanning

Greetings,

Blank pages?  The printer will scan whatever you put on its glass or into its feeder. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA
~6D2(v1.1.0) ~Many Lenses ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~Windows10 Pro ~EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 Ultra ~Pixma Pro-100 ~ImageClass MF644Cdw ~LBP622dw
Reputable Contributor

Hi gokhantahil.

If scanning single-sided originals, ensure the scanning software is set to ADF Simplex.  This will only scan the face-up side of the original loaded in the document feeder.

https://oip.manual.canon/USRMA-1480-zz-DR-enUV/contents/dwu-sheet-scan_set.html

If this answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button, so others might find the answer.

New Contributor

Hello,

Thanks for your answer. I have 30 pages to scan. Some of them are two-sided, others are singe-sided. I want to have a PDF document which contains all the pages except blanks. I can get a PDF file which contains 60 pages with blank pages. I don't want blank pages. 

Can i get a soluiton for it ?

Thanks

Reputable Contributor

Hi gokhantahil.

You might be able to use the Check scan results setting.  If that doesn't let you remove the blank pages, you can at least move all of the blank pages to the front or back, so that a fully featured PDF editing program could quickly remove them.

If this answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button, so others might find the answer.