cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF644Cdw feeder for document scanning does not work

mikxx
Contributor

Hello

when I try to scan documents (Windows 10, MF scan utility set to "Feeder") it does not recognize the documents and gives me notification "Place documents in the feeder".

It was working fine until recently. I already reinstalled the MF scan utility software. The platen glass canner works fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks 

11 REPLIES 11

mikxx
Contributor

It seems that the ADF does not recognitze that documents are in it.

It does not scan, copy or pertform the maintenance "Clean Feeder"

Any ideas?

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The behavior you describe is hardware related, not software, so reinstalling the drivers or application isn't going to help.

Focus on the ADF.  Alignment issue, door not closed securely, a corner edge of paper (jam), obstruction or sensor faulure.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hello shadowsports,

thank you very much for your quiuck answer. 

The motor itself works so there is no alignment or paper jam issue existing.

Any idea how to fix the sensor? 

mikxx
Contributor

Anybodsy with an idea how this sensor works?

The manual sais nothing about it unfortunately and I also do not get any error code

Hi, mikxx!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

I had a technician checking the printer and he advised to replace the paper roll and the sensor.
Any idea where I can buy those parts?

Hello

I still try to find information where I can buy the replacement parts.

Thanks

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Mikxx,

The issue that you are describing does point to a problem with the hardware. To see what service options you have for the MF644Cdw, you can contact our support team at 1-800-652-2666. If you would like to purchase parts, you can contact our parts team at 1-866-481-2569.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings and Welcome Lumetronik,

This thread is almost 2 yrs old now.  The issue is likely resolved or forgotten.  There has been no follow up from the OP.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements