cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF632 Copy Is Smaller Than Original

weightdn
Apprentice

On occassion, I need to copy something and need the copy to be as close to the original in size as possible. I imagine I can mess with the scaling options but am wondering if there is a way to permanently 'calibrate' the size of the copied image instead of having to go thru a trial and error period when I need precision.

Thanks,

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrice
Whiz

Hi weightdn!

You can set the printing ration in the Function settings of the printer. Please follow the steps below directly at the machine:

(Menu) => (Function Settings) => (Copy) => (Change Default Settings (Copy)) => (Copy Ratio) => (100% Direct) => (Apply)

You can also view the steps at this link:

Function Settings

If you still continue to experience an issue, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Patrice
Whiz

Hi weightdn!

You can set the printing ration in the Function settings of the printer. Please follow the steps below directly at the machine:

(Menu) => (Function Settings) => (Copy) => (Change Default Settings (Copy)) => (Copy Ratio) => (100% Direct) => (Apply)

You can also view the steps at this link:

Function Settings

If you still continue to experience an issue, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you Patrice. I will give that a try. Also, I found that most of the problem was the operator. After looking again, I noticed that part of the test image had been clipped. I had placed the image against the edge of the scan area and a small portion of the image was clipped. Things came out much better when I moved the source away from the edge of the scan area. Hopefully that will get me 'close enough'.

Thanks again,

Mike

click here to view the gallery
Announcements