cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF453dw scan to shared folder on mac not working

piglephant
Apprentice

I cannot get scan to shared folder to work on mac.  Setup: brand new macbook M1Pro, OS Ventura.  MF453dw has been updated to latest firmware.  Shared folder has been set up correctly (SMB enabled etc)--I can scan to this folder from an HP MFC.  Printer drivers downloaded directly from Canon; print, airprint, etc all work fine.  Both MFC and computer are on static IP addresses.  Turn off file sharing, reboot, turn back on has been done without resolution.

Shared folder has been added to address book using "windows (SMB)", but every time I try to scan, it get either 801 timeout error or the username/pw not correct error (804 or 806, can't remember). Local computer admin username and password entered correctly.

I've tried every combo of host name and file path i can think of, and nothing works:

HN: \\localcomputername\, \\localcomputername\sharedfolder, \\compstaticipaddress\, \\compstaticipaddress\sharedfolder

file path: sharedfolder, \\compstaticipaddress\sharedfolder, \\localcomputername\sharedfolder

After hours of trying, I'm out of ideas and hope maybe someone can shed some light here before I return the unit.  It just seems like the current driver set/firmware does not work with OS Ventura at present.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

piglephant
Apprentice

Also, the scan function using the scan utility/computer initiated works just fine

Hello,

The scanning to a Shared Folder feature on the printers is Windows Only. If you have the scan utility installed on the Mac, you can use the settings in the scan utility to save to the shared folder. Once you select the Mac as the scan destination, the scan utility will save the documents in the shared folder. You can click on the option in the lower right of the scan utility for settings and then you can click the tab at the top for the scanner panel settings. You can select the save location for the files and the file type and extension.

Announcements