cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF 4890dw Not scanning

jamball
Apprentice

Win 7x64

I have downloaded the latest drivers from the Canon website. I've tried both scanning over the network (no problems with printing) and over USB (again, no problems), but for the life of me, I can't get the darn thing to scan.

I keep getting the scan MF error 162, 0, 0 or 255, 0, 0 after I did a clean reinstall of the drivers and everything. I KNOW I'm plugged in but when I try using the Canon software I get the 162 error code and a data transfer error code.

Please help.

7 REPLIES 7

Patrice
Whiz

Hi Jamball.

The error codes 162,0,0, or 255,0,0, usually indicate that you have not selected a scan type at the machine.  Please follow the steps below to perform a scan from the imageCLASS MF4890dw:

1. Verify that MF Toolbox is closed on the computer and press the [SCAN] button on the printer.
  2. Highlight [Remote Scanner] and press [OK].  The screen will show, "Remote Scanner. Waiting online...".
  3. On the computer, open the MF Toolbox and select [PDF].
  4. Click the green [START] button on the [PDF] window.  The machine will start processing the scan.

If you receive any errors or need further assistance with the MF4890dw, we recommend that you contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have scanner MF5980dw  and comuter with windows 8.1

I download latest driver from canon web site

I install toolbox 4.9

I have wifi connection

on scanner menu I select scan mode and remote scanner

but during scanning programm notice that 

Error in Scanner

Follow instruction in the on line manual

Scanner driver will be termonated

Error 255.0.0

please send me rely ASAP

Taras Pikhota

Kiev Ukraine

e-mail: taras33@ukr.net

Best solution, but first on my taskbar i created a shortcut of the toolbox 4.9 from all programs/Canon/ right click on toolbox and pin to taskbar, there a countdown when you click SCAN on the printer, so i click the SCAN button on my PRINTER MF4700, choose option REMOTE SCANNER jump on my computer and click the shortcut on my taskbar and i choosed personal 1, i set this one to JPEG and 600 DPI, the printer will configure the TOOLBOX and the scanner togheter, and everytime you need to scan a picture or a document, choose any of the 8 icones et voila !

I have a MF634CDW that had the same problem.  I am running Windows 10 and it is connected wirelessly.  I was able to resolve it by: 

1) ON PC, start Canon MF Scan utility, select settings, select General Setting tab

2) select your canon printer button

3) in dialog box, deselect and select your canon with mac id listed, then click OK

4) click OK button to exit General settings

5) ON PRINTER SCREEN; press scan button, select computer, your printer should in dropdown, select it, OK!

6) now try rescanning from MF utility on PC.  It worked for me.

If printer does not show up in step 5, try rebooting modem/router and retrying it again from step 1.

Good Luck!

johnmac
Apprentice

Log into the printer using Remote UI. Then, goto into "System Settings", and turn off (remove the check mark) under "USB Device Settings: Use USB Device". Click on OK to save the settings and then turn off printer and turn it back on.

I have MF 5980dw  and I cannot to solve problem with error code 255 0 0

Can you explain more detailed how get Log into the printer Remote UI - what does mena remote UI?

I wait for your kind reply!

regards

johnmac
Apprentice
Connect your computer to your home network or use an Ethernet network cable from your computer to the printer. Refer to your users guide on how to do this. Afterwards, go into the printer's user interface, your printer can be set Tina specific IP address it your computer router might give it a random address, like 182.168.9.100 for example.
Announcements