cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imageclass MF8280CW not scanning...

texan767
Apprentice

Printer is connected via USB cable & worked at one point (before my time in dealing with this!).

I couldn't find the MF toolbox on the computer, so I installed & it has a default (network) location, that will give me the message 'Cannot open file please confirm destination folder exixts', the folder does exist.

If I try to set a destination, I get a blank window, if I reset, it sets a temp folder, I get a data transfer error occurred, chack cables, etc., but when going to printer in devices & printers, scanner properties, it passes whatever testing is done here.

What next?

Is there a clean uninstall utility that I can use & start over?

I am trying this remotely, so physical interration with printer is not possibele right now...

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Canon does not offer a utility for removing a printer or its drivers.

What OS and version are you using the printer with?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 20H2
Installed on ‎5/‎4/‎2021
OS build 19042.1083
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0

texan767
Apprentice

Apparently, I had this in the wrong plce, as after 2 days & 50 views, the best I got was someone asking what version of Windows I was using...
As far as I've been told, this only worked with the scan to USB option & they would like it to scan to PC or a network location.

I couldn't find the MF toolbox on the computer, so I installed & it has a default (network) location, that will give me the message 'Cannot open file please confirm destination folder exixts', the folder does exist.

If I try to set a destination, I get a blank window, if I reset, it sets a temp folder, I get a data transfer error occurred, chack cables, etc., but when going to printer in devices & printers, scanner properties, it passes whatever testing is done here.

What next?

Is there a clean uninstall utility that I can use & start over?

I am trying this remotely, so physical interration with printer is not possibele right now...

Thanks!

Hello Texan767,

This model does not have any options for scanning to network folders but you can scan to a PC across a network. If you are getting a check cable connection it does sound like it is set to a USB connection.

You can set the printer up for network use with the steps found in the link HERE. Once the printer is on the network, you can setup any PCs on the network by installing the imageCLASS MF8280Cw MFDrivers from the link found HERE. In the setup, you can select the network option for the connection and the setup should find the printer on the network and add the network connection for the scanner to the MFtoolbox.

If that does not resolve the issue, I would suggest, contacting support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist.

Announcements