cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imageclass MF642CDW Will not scan entire page

jhatkow
Apprentice

The top and bottom of the pages gets cut off when I scan. Can't seem to find anything in the troubleshooting guide. Happens when I use the feeder or the glass.

4 REPLIES 4

jhatkow
Apprentice

More info: It will scan entire page if I select "color scan" but both color an B/W have a sectin running almost down the middle that scans poorly.. looks faded?

If I use the Scangear utilty I can correct it but there is no way to save it as a calibration to the all in one like I see for other cannon models. 

Greetings,

If there is an equal amount missing from the top and bottom of a scanned image, it souds like you might have the orientation set incorrectly.  Example landscape instead of portrait.

Can you provide us with an image (example) of the discolored or faded image?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi jhatkow.

Shadowsports had good information regarding how orientation can affect scanning.

Regarding the faded section in the middle, try cleaning that area of the glass scanning bed with a clean, dry cloth.  If the scan quality of the strip in the middle doesn't improve, the printer will require service.  If you are located in the U.S., our support is available at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) Monday-Friday from 10:00 am to 6:30 pm ET, excluding holidays, and will be able to help you arrange for service options.

If you're located outside of the U.S., you can find your local branch through the map at https://global.canon/en/support 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

jhatkow
Apprentice
Hi and thanks for all the replies. My apology but we caught COVID so this fell lower on my list. I will wipe off the scanner but also want to say it is brand new. I did try the orientation advice and while it seemed to improve a bit, I surely don’t want to scan in a portrait document and then look at a pdf of it turned sideways into landscape. Still, thanks for trying. I’ll clean, scan, and send back files.
Announcements