cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am unable to select a destination folder for scanning from maxify mb2320

zwright
Contributor

I am unable to select a destination folder.  When clicking browse, most of the options are greyed out and I cannot select them. I have created shared folders and get the error that "failed to connect to the folder. check the settings". I'm not sure what settings to check but I have tried numerous things--shared folders, public folders, adding folders to my time capsule, and either I cannot select them in browse, or I get the previously mentioned error, or I try to enter the direct file path and I get the error "the path you entered exceeds the length limit". I'm at my wits end and am becoming really frustrated. I can scan directly from the laptop no problem, but if my laptop is not in my office, I would like to easily be able to scan directly from the machine as well.  Please help!!! I've been emailing customer service about this and none of solutions are helping. I'm seriously considering hauling this back to Best Buy and getting an HP!

4 REPLIES 4

chris-canon
Apprentice

Hi Zwright, i'm trying the same thing and getting the same issues. Wondering if you managed to get this to work? I would appreciate any details or tips.

tylercaine89
Contributor

If you are using a windows 10 device you will need to click, at the same time, the windows key and "I". which opens up windows settings. Click on network and internet and select the network the computer is attached to, wether it be wi-fi or ethernet. Then click on the network, and make sure that "allow less secure apps to access the computer" is turned on. If not using windows 10, these setting can be found in the "network and sharing center". Also, you may want to create a new security right for the shared scans folder, called "Everyone" and give full permissions to that name, then share it out as "everyone" instead of individual user. Also make sure you are creating the shared folder under the C; directory and not just creating on the desktop. Hope this helps.

chembrow
Apprentice

I am having same issues. Running on Mac OS Mojave.

Hi chembrow,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please dial 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST.

Announcements