cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help setting up MF4890dw

dennishojna
Apprentice

I have connected the printer to my Windows 10 Dell via a USB cable and can print, however cannot scan. I can't figure out how to get the MF Toolbox function in order to scan, or to Fax. I do not have an installation disc. Can anyone help? 

4 REPLIES 4

Danny

Hi, dennishojna!

To take full advantage of what your imageCLASS MF4890dw can do, you'll need the printer's full suite of apps installed on your computer. If you're unable to use the CD that came with the printer, you can download all of the CD's contents for free right HERE.

We hope this helps!

Thanks, Danny, but there is no toolbox icon for access and I have no idea how to initiate a scan of a document. The prompts on the Canon screen are confusing at best. 

Hi dennishojna!

If you do not see a listing for the MF Toolbox by clicking the Windows Start button in the bottom left corner of your computer and selecting the Canon MF Utilities folder, then it is possible that the software was not installed correctly. Please click the link below to download and reinstall the software:

ToolBox_4911mf18_Win_EN.exe

Once the program is installed, please open it, and then perform a scan by following the instructions below to scan a document from the computer:

1. Press the [Scan] button on the printer, select [Remote Scanner], and then press [OK].

2.  Open the MF Toolbox on the computer.

3.  Select the scan option that you would like to use.

4. Verify the settings are correct, and then click Start.

If you continue to experience an issue, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Patrice, the executable did the trick and gave me the accessible toolbox. Thanks so much, Canon rocks. 

Announcements