cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gamma/Brightness/Contrast correction on scanned images

bobn0gfh
Apprentice

I'm the Canon MF Scan Utility with my mf249dw and Windows 10 to scan b/w documents to pdf files.  The scan quality is poor compared to the same scan done with a different scanner.

Canon scan:

Canon scan.png

Other scanner:

Neat scan.png

How can I improve the quality of the image from my Canon scanner?

3 REPLIES 3

Patrice
Whiz

Hi bobn0gfh.

You can adjust the image quality settings using the Advanced mode of the ScanGear MF driver. To access the driver, open the MF Scan Utility, and then click ScanGear. A new window will open.

Please follow the steps at the link below to adjust the settings:

Adjusting Brightness and Color Settings

If you still continue to experience an issue, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Is there any way to fix the presets, or do I have to do a custom scan every time I want a quality scan?

The quality settings within ScanGear are only available when scanning from the computer. There are image processing options within the preset options on the printer, but they will need to be adjusted in the MF Scan Utility. Please follow the steps at this link to access those settings:

Changing the data format settings for the operation panel using the MF Scan Utility

If you have any other questions, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements