cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maxify MB2320 out of black ink, will not trigger to replace

Mapanther32
Apprentice

My printer is out of black ink, even has the warning sign, but will not trigger to replace the cartridge.  When I open the door to replace it, I'm told 'Front cover is open, please close".  

Is there a hard reset or something, I have tried everything I know of.

Thanks in advance.

Mapanther32

1 REPLY 1

Caemene
Rising Star

Hi Mapanther32,

I understand you have a Maxify MB2320 and it is not allowing you to replace the black ink. To better assist you, additional information is needed. What is the warning sign above the black ink cartridge? Is it yellow exclamation mark, is it the red x, or is it a question mark? If it is the exclamation mark, the printer is still reading ink in the cartridge and will not release it until the red x appears. If it is a question mark, the printer is unable to read the cartridge and will not release the cartridge. Unfortunately, in this event, there is not a way to override the system to release the cartridge.

Depending on the type of error the printer is experiencing, it may require servicing. You can check with any local electronic repair shops in your area to see if they can perform the cleaning. I would get a quote since it may cost more to repair the printer then it would to replace it.

You also qualify for the Canon Upgrade Program.

This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8 AM to midnight EST.

Announcements