cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change default option

IanP
Apprentice

I have an mf644cdw and want to change the default option from color picture to Custom Settings. Is this possible?

I would also like it to automatically Preview. Is this possible?\

Thanks in anticipation.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you for the information, IanP.

Scanning using the interface through another program is done through the ScanGear MF driver interface.  If you're scanning using the Basic Mode, you may be more interested in the scan options available using the Advanced Mode.  When using Advanced Mode, you may adjust specific color, tone, and intensity settings and save them as a quick reference.  Directions may be found at the following link in the ScanGear MF Online Manual:

https://oip.manual.canon/USRMA-1453-zz-DR-enUV/contents/dwu-scan-reg_fav.html

Advanced Mode should also save your settings until either you switch back to Basic Mode, reset them to default (using the top drop-down) or change them.

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Darius
Whiz

Hi IanP.

Are you trying to change the default option for printing from a computer?  Let me know what version of Windows or Mac OS is running on the computer.

If you're trying to set default options for scanning, please let me know what scanning software is being used.

I look forward to your response with the requested information.

Hi Darius,

yes, I am printing from a computer.

I am running windows 10 Pro version 1903.

I open the scan from Corel Paintshop Pro which brings to the scan window.

Scan using Canon MF642/643.644 (Network:---)

What do you want to scan?

The paper source is set to Flatbed - which fine.

Select an option below for the type of picture you want to scan. -  this defaults to the first choice of Color picture. I want it to default to the fourth option of Custom Settings.

I would also like, if it were at all possible, to automatically start  preview.

What I am doing is adding several photos to the platten, previewing, select one image at a time and scanning with the custom settings.

This works easiest for me as the printer is the other side of the room from my desk. I have literally thousands of photos to scan and I'm trying to streamline as much as possible.

I really do appreciate your help.

Thanks

Thank you for the information, IanP.

Scanning using the interface through another program is done through the ScanGear MF driver interface.  If you're scanning using the Basic Mode, you may be more interested in the scan options available using the Advanced Mode.  When using Advanced Mode, you may adjust specific color, tone, and intensity settings and save them as a quick reference.  Directions may be found at the following link in the ScanGear MF Online Manual:

https://oip.manual.canon/USRMA-1453-zz-DR-enUV/contents/dwu-scan-reg_fav.html

Advanced Mode should also save your settings until either you switch back to Basic Mode, reset them to default (using the top drop-down) or change them.

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements