cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon lbp6030w paper indicator orange light on

Popomama
Apprentice

I pulled Canon lbp6030w out of the box for the first time today. Before I tried to install the drivers on windows, I just put the cartridge into the printer and plugged in the power. Immediately, the power light turned to green, but the paper indicator below it was in solid orange without blinking. At this moment, I hadn't connected computer to this printer yet. Even after I put some 8.5x11 paper I'm the tray, it is still in solid orange. Later I installed the driver and connected the printer to laptop. When I tried to print a test page, I noticed the job was sent to the queue, but then disappeared quickly and there is no response on the printer at all. Can I know what the possible issue is? Is the printer dead out of the box?  Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Popomama,

If the paper light is solid, it would point to a hardware issue with the printer. When the paper needs to be loaded/checked, the paper light will flash. In this situation, I would suggest removing the toner cartridge and checking for any obstructions or packing material. If it is clear, you can turn the printer off and on and then reload the toner.

If the toner light is still solid, it looks like the printer needs service. To check your available options, you can use the link HERE to check your My Canon account for service options or you can contact support at 1-800-652-2666.

Announcements