cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mf244dw always prints on two sides

Baklash
Contributor

My mf244dw always prints on two sides. I have tried changing to 1 side manually at the printer and also on my computer following the instructions in the manual. Nothing works. It seems like 1 sided printing is not available. Please help.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

My iPad is iOS13. My iPhone is 12.4.3 My laptop is Windows 10. It was somewhat confusing putting all this together but I just kept going back over things and somehow got 1 sided printing working. It took several days and multiple hours. I hope it stays on 1 sided. 

View solution in original post

Baklash
Contributor
The iOS are listed in the above post. Not sure but may have loaded from the Canon website.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

mucinhanoi365
Apprentice
control panel / device and printer / chose printer / right muse/ printing prefennces / chose 1 sided
https://mucinhanoi365.com/do-muc-may-in

Thanks for your reply. The print preferences indicates two sided is off but this is confusing because nowhere is 1s sided an option The only options are Flip on Long Edge or Short Edge. There is no option to switch between 1 and 2 sides. It's like the printer does not allow 1sided. 

Hi Baklash.

Which version of Windows or macOS are you using? We look forward to your reply.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

My iPad is iOS13. My iPhone is 12.4.3 My laptop is Windows 10. It was somewhat confusing putting all this together but I just kept going back over things and somehow got 1 sided printing working. It took several days and multiple hours. I hope it stays on 1 sided. 

Baklash
Contributor

Bought a new mf244dw printer a while back. It always prints on two sides when there are more than 1 page. I have tried to change manually at the printer per instructions. I have read the online manual and tried to make the change with my computer.

Nothing works. I have read similar problems with other Canon models, but the help was very technical and intended for very knowledgeable users. I need help.

Sorry, but I accidentally posted this on Office Printers when it should be on Personal Printers.  [Laser printer inquiries fall under the "Office Printers" category.  "Personal Printers" is designated for single-function inkjet models. Hope that clarifies things!]

I bought a new mf244dw a while back. It always prints on two sides. I tried making changes manually at the printer. Then, following online manual tried to change via my computer. Nothing works. I have read of similar problems with other Canon models, but the responses were highly technical and obviously meant for a skilled audience. I am not that knowledgeable.  I need help, because printing on both sides is not what I want. I appreciate any responses.

Hi Baklash.

So that we can best assist you, please answer the questions below:

1. Which version of Windows or macOS are you using? 

2. Did you add the printer using the Windows Add a Printer feature, Apple AirPrint, or by using the printer drivers from the disc or Canon website?

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Baklash
Contributor
The iOS are listed in the above post. Not sure but may have loaded from the Canon website.

Hi, Baklash,

For Windows 10, the printer settings will be found by the following process:

1. Left-click on the Windows icon to open the Start menu.
  2. Left-click on the Settings icon in the bottom-left area of the Windows Start menu, just above the power icon.
  3. Left-click on Devices in the Settings menu.
  4. Select Printers & Scanners in the left sidebar of the Devices options.
  5. Select the MF244dw's entry in your list of printers.
  6. Left-click the Manage button that appears beneath the printer's entry.
  7. Click on Printing Preferences.

On the Basic Settings tab (the default when opening the preferences), you may select 1-sided or 2-sided printing, then click Apply followed by OK.  After this, the setting will remain as set until the next time you change it.

For iOS, print settings will be found through the print screen for the app from which you are printing.  For the Canon PRINT Business app, you will need to tap "Change Settings" on the Print screen to review and change the print settings.

Please keep in mind that, on iOS, print settings may be controlled by the app from which you're printing.  In the case that the app you wish to use only prints two-sided results, newer versions of iOS allow you to export printing through the "More" options to the Canon PRINT Business app (if it's installed).  For older versions of iOS that do not feature print exporting, you may save the output as a PDF, and then print the saved PDF through the Canon PRINT Business app.

Announcements