cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon iR-ADV C3530 Authorized send issue

dchappel
Apprentice

Users are getting an error while trying to send with their piv card.

The log says:

Canon146408 AuthorizedSend Failed to retrieve email address for user <user>. Reason: LDAP Kerberos binding failed to host [incorrect server name] and host name [host name--is this the printer name?]
<38>Jul 13 03:08:00 Canon146408 AuthorizedSend User <user> in domain <domain name> signed in. Authentication method used: Smart Card
<15>Jul 13 03:08:07 Canon146408 AuthorizedSend Scan start ...

Where can I set the incorrect server name?

When I update the authentication server, the servername is not there, yet when I update, it errors referencing the incorrect server name again:

Testing Host .... Connecting to <incorrect server name>:636 ... Connection failed.
Could not resolve host name: <incorrect server name>.

2 REPLIES 2

Stephen

Hello!

Thanks for posting!

While our Forum Community members are welcome to chime in, Canon does not provide direct support for imageRUNNER series products, but your dealer will be able to help you!

If you don't have a dealer, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we will be happy to provide you with the names of dealers who are in your area!

dchappel
Apprentice

I found the issue--it is a software bug.in  the web interface.

The issue is that the "Host" field in the HTML form is hidden by javaScript.  The wrong host was in the form but the user cannot edit it without web developer tools in one's browser.  The obsolete servername was text field with the ID of "adserver".  Search for that and change the value there.  Then hit the update button.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements