cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MF731C/733C Prints/Copies are Smudged and Dull

anastasia
Apprentice

My Canon MF731C/733C is producing poor quality documents when printing–– ink levels are good, I updated the firmware and went through all of the cleaning/maintenance prompts on the device and yet anything I print regardless of whether or not it is B&W or Full Color is coming up with smudging and the ink is faded on other parts of the documents. There is also a blue line that is appearing on some documents (see attached test print page). Not sure what else  I can do to fix this!

Thank you for any and all help.Scan.jpeg

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Anastasia,

The issue does look like a toner issue but, there might be a problem with the hardware. I would suggest removing the toner using the steps in the link HERE and then gently shaking the toner cartridge to make sure the toner is evenly distributed in the cartridge. While the cartridges are out of the printer, inspect the interior of for any loose toner powder. If you see any, you can wipe it up with a damp cloth. 

After that, you can reload the toner and then try cleaning the fixing assembly and the image transfer belt using the steps in the link HERE.

If you continue to have the issue, I would suggest contacting support at 1-800-652-2666. our agents would be happy to assist with the issue and can also check what service options are available.

Announcements