cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ImageClass 644cdw scan function and color printing not working after New computer with Windows 11

adaml23
Apprentice

bought this printer in December 2020. Since installing new computers with Windows 11 3 weeks ago, the scan function using the feeder option or scanning from the printer won't work. Also, there is no option for printing in color. Only B/W and Monochrome. I've reinstalled the printer's driver and it still isn't working correctly.

The printer worked fine with the old computers using Windows 10

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Adam123,

From what you are describing, it looks like the computer is not using the correct driver. In this situation, I would suggest downloading the newest driver from our Canon support site. You would want to download and install the  MF644Cdw/MF642Cdw MFDrivers (Generic Plus UFR II / Generic FAX / ScanGear) from the link provided HERE. The version for the install will say it is for Windows 10 but, it will work on Windows 11 as well. If you have run that install file before, I would suggest turning off and security software that is running on the computer and then try to install the file again. 

Once the install is complete, you can check if the install completed properly by searching the computer for scan to see if it pulls up your MF scan utility. If it appears, you can try scanning from the panel again and you can try printing to see if you have the correct print driver settings.

If the settings are not there or if the MF scan utility does not come up, I would suggest contacting support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to help check what is causing a problem with the driver software install.

Announcements