cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MF445dw not printing some pages.

jeffp968
Contributor

I have MF445 that will sometimes only print one page of a multipage document. It will also take a long time to print when I print a single page. I can click print and watch it leave the print spooler and then may take a minute or more to start printing. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver, but that doesn't help. Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5

Danny

Hi, jeffp968!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or Mac OS, and which version thereof) and which applications you're trying to print from along with how your printer communicates with your computer (USB or Wi-Fi). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

I am running Windows 10 Pro version 21H1. It is anything I print from whether it be a word document, email, PDF, internet, etc...  I am connected with a USB.

Thanks

Correction the version is 20H2, I assumed it was the same as the machine I am on now.

Hello Jeffp968,

If the jobs take a while to make it to the printer and if sometimes there are missing pages, it looks like a connection issue.

In this situation, I would suggest diconnecting the printer from the computer and plugging it into a different USB port to see if the issue is resolved. You can also try using a different USB cable to see if it helps.

If you are still having the same issue, I would suggest contacting support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist you with the issue.

Thanks for your input. I actually found a fix a day or two later and I should have posted it here. I ended up downloading the Generic PCL6 V4 driver and using it. That seemed to fix the issue.

Announcements