cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MF Scan Error 9, 230, 0

acaldwell005
Apprentice

The scan utility was working great using the software on the CD I received with my MF244DW.  I threw the CD out when housecleaning because I thought the same drivers were available for download. That was a mistake.

I have tried version 1.5.0.0, 1.7.0.0 and 1.9.0.0 of the MF scan utility and nothing works.  I finally got the printer to work.

I have tried everything - uninstall, reinstall, cycled power on the printer.  When I launch the MF Scan Utility from the Canon directory on the Start menu of my Windows 10 laptop, it tells me that "A scanner driver supporting this software is not installed. Install it and try again".  I think I have spent 4 hours this evening trying to get this to work

HELP!!!

13 REPLIES 13

Patrice
Whiz

Hi acaldwell005.

So that we can best assist you, we will need to gather some more information. Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable, or wirelessly over the network? Also, do you have any antivirus/ firewall software installed on your computer?

I look forward to your reply. If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for your response.

The printer connects to the computer wirelessly over the network.  The computer can print to the printer over the wireless, just cannot scan.

The configuration of the computer is unchanged.  I uninstalled the Canon software, rebooted and installed using the downloaded drivers from the Canon Canada site.  ESET Endpoint is the firewall software on the computer, but it has always been on the computer.

I seem to recall that the CD which came with the printer (which I can no longer find) installed the printer and the scanner at the same time through one executable application.

Alex

Thank you for your response. 

If you have not resolved the issue, or called in for support, please confirm that the scanner is selected in the MF Network Scan Utility by following the instructions below:

1. Click  in the system tray.

2. Select the check box for the machine, and click [OK].

If the scanner is selected, then it is recommended that you uninstall and reinstall the drivers while your antivirus software is temporarily disabled. To uninstall the drivers, please follow the steps below:

1. On your computer, open [Control Panel] > [Devices and Printers].

2. Right-click on the MF240 Series printer, and then select [Remove Device].

3. Return to [Control Panel], and then select [Programs] or [Programs and Features] > [Uninstall a Program].

4. Double-click on the MF240 Series, and then follow the prompts to uninstall the files.

5. Restart the computer.

Once the computer restarts, please click the link below to download and reinstall the drivers:

MF240SeriesMFDriverV2175W64usEN.exe

After the drivers have been reinstalled, scan a document, and then re-enable your antivirus software.

If you continue to experience an issue, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Sanjan
Apprentice

I have the same problem . This is the first time I've bought a Cannon anything. I have no time for products that become this difficult to operate. 

Never again. Jurassic software, outdated problems from the 90's. Unbelieveable. 

I am getting the same error.  Spent close to an hour on the phone with support to fix it.  Fixed it and it is again not working.  I get the same error as above.  I have downloaded the drivers so many times.  Uninstalled, reinstalled.  The printer works when it feels like it.  I will NEVER buy another Canon.  This has been the worst machine to set up.  I have installed HP, Brother, and many others and have NEVER had this kind of issue.  I have done all of the above and cannot get the scan utility to work.  Says I am missing Drivers.  I have the MF642cdw.  Here is the link for the driver I installed:

https://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/6/0100010286/02/MF642CMFDriverV6403W64.exe

What else do I do?  I will not spend another hour on the phone with support.  If this can't be fixed here I am taking it back to the store.  This is so far beyond ridiculous.

I completely concur. I have a MF6444Cdw and am am so frustrated with the scan utility installation process. Their should be a better installation process. In February 2020 I followed the instructions to install the MF utility and it wouldn't work. I ended up taking time off of work to call customer service because of the hours end at 5 pm (which have now changed to 6pm).
In January 2021 the scan utility stopped scanning. After 2 months of trying to resolve this problem on my own I am very frustrated a will need to take time off of work a second time to call customer service.
I am very disappointed.

Hello Klawson,

In this situation, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers and the MFscan utility and then installing the newest versions of each from our website.

1.You can press the Windows key and the letter R key at the same time on your keyboard. In the run box that appears, you can type in appwiz.cpl and click OK.
2.In the list that appears, you can select the MF642 drivers from and the MFscan Utility the list and then you can select uninstall.

Once they have been uninstalled, you can download the newest version of the MFscan utility and the Drivers using the link provided HERE. You will want the  MF644Cdw/MF642Cdw MFDrivers (Generic Plus UFR II / Generic FAX / ScanGear) under the drivers tab and the MFscan utility from our software tab.

Once they have been reinstalled, you can try to scan again to see if you still get the error. If you continue to have problems scanning, we would need some additional information to assist further. If you can reply to this message with the information below, we can continue to assist.

1. What version of the Windows operating system do you have on your computer?
  2. Are you connecting via USB or is it over a network?

Maurici0
Apprentice

I am so frustrated with this printer. In February 2020 I followed the instructions to install the MF utility and it wouldn't work. I ended up taking time off of work to call customer service because of the hours end at 5 pm (which have now changed to 6pm).
In January 2021 the scan utility stopped scanning. After 2 months of trying to resolve this problem on my own I am very frustrated a will need to take time off of work a second time to call customer service.
I am very disappointed.
Announcements