cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon LBP6230dw Printing light, uneven, unreadable

rdwintheiser
Apprentice

Almost since I bought this printer I have struggled with print quality. I have pushed density and contrast and dpi to the max and still have text and images that are unreadable at times. Surely not the crisp, dark text I'd expect from a laser printer. The current driver shows 1.5.4 (even though I thought it was upgraded to 1.5.10), using MacOS 13.1. It is so bad I am wondering if it is not time to search for another alternative.

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello,

If the print quality is sporadic and is unreadable at times, it would point to a problem with the hardware or the toner cartridge in the printer. In this situation, you can try reloading the toner cartridge and gently shaking the toner while it is out of the printer to make sure the toner is evenly distributed. If the driver version in the printer list shows 1.5.4 vs 1.5.10, you can try resetting the Mac's printing system and then adding the printer back. The version number that appears would not cause an issue with the print quality. 

If you continue to have issues with the print quality, we would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance. For a more immediate resolution, you can contact support over the phone at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to help.

1. What model toner cartridge are you using?
  2. Would you be able to post some sample issues of the printing issue?
  3. What type of paper are you printing on?
Announcements