cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon - Color imageCLASS MF733Cdw Fax Confirmation

ohcycle
Apprentice

Hello,

We just purchased a Canon imageCLASS MF733CDW and I cannot find how to set the machine to print a fax confirmation page after a fax is sent.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!  Thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

James_C

Hi ohcycle 

Click HERE for instructions on setting the report option.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

James_C

Hi ohcycle 

Click HERE for instructions on setting the report option.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

THANK YOU!!!!  Totally missed the little option at the bottom that said output report when I was exploring things in the menu.  I really appreciate your help!

fersa2019
Apprentice

Our company has a MF731C/733C and I cannot figure out how to make it print a confirmation page when we fax something. PLEASE HELP! thanks!

Hi, fersa2019!

Thanks for posting! To be clear, does your company have the imageCLASS MF731Cdw, or the imageCLASS MF733Cdw? They're two different models. The model number can be verified by looking at the bottom of the front right of the machine.

If you need immediate help, our friendly, US-based support team is available by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) Monday-Friday 10:00am to 6:30pm ET.

it is MF731C/733C

Hi, fersa2019 and SueCanon.

To fersa2019:

The menu map for printing a report after every fax (whether successful or not) is:

<Menu>  <Output Report>  <Report Settings>  <Fax TX Result Report>  Select <On> or <Only When Error Occurs>  Select <Off> or <On>  <Apply>  

To SueCanon:

What is the model number of the printer producing the "Report Suspended" error?  Additionally, is the error accompanied by an error code?

SueCanon
Apprentice

I have ensured that everything is turned on "TX Result Report" every time I FAX in order to obtain a FAX confirmation; however, instead of getting a report, I keep getting a "report suspended," notification, so I wonder if the FAX is going through or not. 

I am getting the same error.  everything was working.  Then this error started.  cannot print any fax confirmations.  must delete the report.  No one answers phone at Canon.  If no solution will return to store, only had for two weeks.

Hello Larryrta,

The print jobs can suspended when the printer is out of paper or the paper settings are incorrect. Jobs can also be suspended when the printer is low on toner. If the printer is new, I doubt that the toner is the issue. In this situation, I would suggest trying to reload the paper or specifying the paper size and type using the steps in the link provided HERE. To assist further with the issue I would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can further assist.

1. What size and type of paper are you loading into the printer and which tray are you loading it into?
  2. Does the suspended print job window show you any paper size or paper tray settings in red?
Announcements