cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-Duplex printing with the MF644CDW

Cosmichrist
Apprentice

I'm currently trying to print a two page front and back brochure from inDesign.    When I print it, the first side is fine, but back page is upside down.  The description for the printer says, Auto-Duplex, which I thought meant it could print a front and back document with both the same side-up.  

I looked in the manual and can't find auto-duplex anywhere.  Thank you in advance for any help. 

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The printer will print on both sides of the page, (duplex printing), and with correct orientation if told to do so.  We don't know what OS you are running or printing from.

Your issue is in InDesign.  Check the Layout menu.

Creating InDesign Double-Sided Documents

Start by accessing the Pages menu by clicking "Layout" and then "Pages." To move a page's position, choose "Move Pages," then drag and drop it from the Page's thumbnail display in InDesign. You can also edit its position by selecting a page and clicking the "Destination" option.

As you drag pages, you'll see a vertical black bar. This indicates where the page will end up when you drop it. With this system, you can drag a page into another one to make a spread or separate it from others in a group to make individual pages.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Cosmichrist
Apprentice

Thank you, I'll look at inDesign again. 

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello,

If the the second side of the print is upside down, it will usually mean that the stapling side setting for duplexing needs to be changed. You can view the stapling settings in the printer drivers settings. You can, view the settings using the link provided HERE. You can switch long side stapling to short sided or short sided to long sided and that should resolve the issue.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements