cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mf455DW all in one

mike03
Apprentice

Just purchased the all in one laser printer.  We downloaded the drivers for the printer/copy/scanner and it is working fine.  However, we tried to hookup the phone line to send and receive faxes and it will not work.  We went thru and completed the fax set up stuff.  If I'm not mistaken this part is just plug and play, correct?  Plug in the phone line and dial number.  Is there something else I need to do.  My old all in one machine is still able to fax, but I do not want to keep both machines.  I called tech support and the message said there is no longer and phone tech support available.  I had a geeksquad guy come out & he could not figure it out either.   I'm trying to decide if the machine is bad and I need to return it?  Please advise.

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

First question.  Is your phone line analog or digital?  Not all phone lines provided through an internet connection work with faxing.  Most do, but not all.

Correct connection is important, especially if you are using in conjunction with a phone or answering machine.

Setting the correct Fax mode is also necessary.  Only needs to be done once.

This might help:

Specifying a Fax Receive Mode (manual.canon)

If none of the above helps, you'll need to tell us more about the environment, connections and troubleshooting steps you've performed.  "Will not work" doesn't give us much to go on.

More here:

Canon - Troubleshooting (FAQ) imageCLASS MF449dw / MF448dw / MF445dw (manual.canon)

Cheers

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you for responding.

We have an analog phone line that is used with a splitter for our DSL modem and fax line.  Our previous all in one machine was a 'Brother' and works fine with the same fax line.  We have set the fax mode to 'Auto', as we do not use the line as phone, only send & receive faxes.  We do not use it to fax from the computer, just stand alone.  The troubleshooting guide is useless, as it tells us to do some things that our machine does not have that step, (ex: setting the line type).  This should be a plug & play for the stand alone fax.  Power & phone line, along with the setup items, it should do its job.  I'm not sure why this isnt working & nobody can figure it out.  I've had two different, very computer/tech savvy people look at it & they have no idea.  My guess is I have a faulty machine, and need to return/exchange it?

Can you help me figure this out.

Announcements