cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Duplex Scanning mf741cdw

Maelstrom
Apprentice

Is there ANY way to scan double sided documents automatically? I have looked everywhere on the MF scan utility.  What am I missing?

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Automatically, No.  This unit does not support automatic duplex scanning.

The MF644Cdw or MF743Cdw does.

I'd return for exchange if possible.  I'm sure the printer wasn't inexpensive and there is no reason not to have the feature.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you!

May I just ask Why would they do that?! I had the 733, so I just figured this was the next model up. I guess I didn't think they'd take away basic features. Lesson learned!

Greetings,

Agree.  It has something to do with series and product groups.

Each line seems to have good , better , best and a standard feature set.

Before I bougt my 644, I considered the 743, but the dudty cycle and cost of toner were far above my needs and at one point, replacement toners actually cost more than a brand new printer.  That was just crazy.  Its come down since, but gave me pause, and plenty of people complained.

As I said, I'd exchange it if you could.  AIO printers are not inexpensive, and when you are spending this much money or more, you should get all the bells and whistles..  It prints duplex, so why not have the scanning capability through the ADF as well.  Its a time saver for sure.

Hope it works out for you. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements