cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma iP110 will not turn on

kimrru
Apprentice

Hello all,

I have a Pixma iP110 printer that will not turn on. The printer is only pulled out of a drawer for printing on occasion, so it's not plugged in all the time. We've printed 2 times since mid-April to provide an idea of the frequency the printer is used. New toner was installed mid-April.

• When pressing the power button, the toner moves (sometimes), the light flashes for 15 seconds (timed) and then the light goes out.
  • The printer is using WiFi, so it's not plugged into any computer.
  • Out of the 3 buttons, the light on the power button is the only one that flashes.

Any feedback is appreciated. Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi!

We've released a firmware update to take care of this issue. Learn more now by clicking HERE.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

53 REPLIES 53

ediaz
Contributor

It is incredible because canon don't solve this issue, the printer don't boot because the WIFI module. Remove the wifi of your home (the sid that the printer uses) and this will allow to boot the printer, after of that reset the printer and try again.. (I don't find any solution yet)..

MarieG
Apprentice

I have the same issue. Printing daily until about 4 days ago when I ran out of ink. Got new ink --- and the printer won't turn on. Light flashes for about 15 seconds, ink cartridges move, then it just shuts down. I have unplugged and plugged, Wifi light is off; cannot check wifi because it doesn't turn on for long enough.  This feels like an update issue.

I also connect to my printer via WiFi, and it was working fine too (I think my family has had the printer for 7 years). I don't know if Canon has an automatic driver/software update setup for its printers, but hopefully if that's the problem, they can fix it. 

It's been 3 days since I was able to use it properly and yesterday was when I discovered the issue of the "only power light is on/blinks, ink cartridges move and printer makes sounds for a few seconds, but then stops" regardless of direct power or battery powered. 

For reference, my ink cartridges had about 50% left in them the last time I checked (a few days ago) and I've tried removing and re-inserting them in case it helped (it didn't).

Switch off your wifi router completely, then turn the printer on, then either use a USB cable to print (what I am doing) or turn router back on and print wifi.

The wifi printing works for me again, though I wonder once I switch off the printer will I need to repeat same actions...gotta run now.

Hope that helps

Oh and to the Canon haters, thank you Canon for setting up forums like this, where users can exchange their issues.

I trust your engineers are looking at this too and it helps them pinpoint the issue and fix it soon... I love my canon IP110 !

Using this post I as a guide, I solved the problem with my Canon IP110 printer.

ADDITIONAL INFO: My WiFi router has setting for each device on the local network: "Block Internet Services". After following the procedure described (shut down WiFi router, then start Canon printer), I started up the WiFi router and blocked internet services for the Canon IP110. This seems to have solved it for me. I am able to turn off the Canon IP110 and turn it on again, and it is working normally, connecting to WiFi.

ediaz
Contributor

There is may users with the same issue, not even with IP110 even with other printers.. In order to recover the printer.. (poweroff you wifi) or change the SID and the password. the printer will start, and only use as USB, the other option full reset, enable the accespoint mode, change the wifi and put a static IP and an MAC but a fake DNS or no DNS, (I don't try this work arround).

ediaz
Contributor

Ok I solve the ISSUE...

Is complicated, but you must avoid that the printer connect to internet.. you need to restart the configuration, config a new IP (no DHCP) and put a gateway that don't exist.. for example if you gateway is 192.168.1.1 you  can put the gateway as 192.168.1.234 for example to avoid to the printer connect to internet.. and that is it... (you can try to said to the router firewall to avoid the conexion from the ip address form the printer.. (I don0t try this but must work aswell).

that does not work because the printer powers off rather quick

Had same issue. Turn off wifi router if you can (like you are not in a corporate environment), and while it's off turn the printer on. 

no power , so nothing to modify

Announcements