cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma iP110 will not turn on

kimrru
Apprentice

Hello all,

I have a Pixma iP110 printer that will not turn on. The printer is only pulled out of a drawer for printing on occasion, so it's not plugged in all the time. We've printed 2 times since mid-April to provide an idea of the frequency the printer is used. New toner was installed mid-April.

• When pressing the power button, the toner moves (sometimes), the light flashes for 15 seconds (timed) and then the light goes out.
  • The printer is using WiFi, so it's not plugged into any computer.
  • Out of the 3 buttons, the light on the power button is the only one that flashes.

Any feedback is appreciated. Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi!

We've released a firmware update to take care of this issue. Learn more now by clicking HERE.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

53 REPLIES 53

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Based on your description, you printer has experienced an internal hardware issue and would need to be replaced. 

If you printer is outside of it's 1 year warranty, you would qualify for the Canon Upgrade program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please the Canon Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

No this not the hardware.. of the printer because all the users with the printer with 2,5 year have the shame issue...

I also dont think this is a hardware issue.

The printer goes through all the normal turn on cycle functions and then the goes dead (no power light). You can repeat this over and over. 

If you do this with the wifi network its trying to connect too turned off .. it does not die after cycling .. but shows the wifi not connected lamp - as you would expect

Then .. if you turn on you wifi network again .. it dies as soon as the network is up.

I am thinking about doing a reset settings on the printer but dont want to do that until I see if there is some better advice

I have 3 ip110 in three different locations. 2 in the USA one in the UK. They ALL have the same problem and this problem started in the last few days.

This is not a hardware issue. Please advise

Thanks

Andy

There are multiple threads on this forum all describing the *same* issue.

Can someone from Canon pull them all together into one thread or direct people to reply to a master ticket and provide some updates please. I can see 10s of people reporting this issue which means that there are (at least) hundreds of people out there with the same problem (not everyone will log tickets)

Thanks

Andy

I agree. Just noticed the problem yesterday 2022-June-01. Last successful print was a few days ago. Canon Pixma IP110. 

Same issue occurring at the same time implies these printers "phone home" to check with a server controlled by Canon and something has gone wrong.

Reporting from Los Angeles.

my printer IP110 just had the same problem after power on , 9 blinks and the power off .There is no way you can do anything about it. Please help as this is ridiculous

Hello, I had the same issues. Power button flashes ten times then light goes out. Printer was last used 5 days ago. Replacing cartridges fixed it. Was on my way out the door to purchase new printer when i decided to replace cartridges. 

kiwifruit
Apprentice

I had the same issue today! I started using the printer maybe 2-3 weeks ago to print something about every other day, and it was working just fine, until a little earlier today. The last time I used it was 2 days ago.

I have a battery pack attached to mine, but I have since removed it and only had it running via the power cord to isolate the problem, and it still powers off after those 15 or so seconds. 

Does your printer also make a slightly different vibration sound (like a low hum) than it usually does during the startup process? It also doesn't seem to finish it's startup process, likely because it powers off before it can finish. 

Separately, the room temperature and humidity where the printer was used/stored have been higher than usual since I last used the printer successfully (2 days ago), and I'm wondering if that made something go wonky. 

Announcements