cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma iP110 will not turn on

kimrru
Apprentice

Hello all,

I have a Pixma iP110 printer that will not turn on. The printer is only pulled out of a drawer for printing on occasion, so it's not plugged in all the time. We've printed 2 times since mid-April to provide an idea of the frequency the printer is used. New toner was installed mid-April.

• When pressing the power button, the toner moves (sometimes), the light flashes for 15 seconds (timed) and then the light goes out.
  • The printer is using WiFi, so it's not plugged into any computer.
  • Out of the 3 buttons, the light on the power button is the only one that flashes.

Any feedback is appreciated. Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi!

We've released a firmware update to take care of this issue. Learn more now by clicking HERE.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

53 REPLIES 53

BBJ
Apprentice

I’ve been trying for 2 days. Can’t get it powered on long enough to do anything.

x22
Apprentice

I should probably mention that I've already reset my wifi settings by doing this so you might still need to do this step:

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/Manual/M/iP110%20series/EN/UG/ug_changing_settings0980.html

However, both the mobile app and the IJ Network Device Setup Utility on a pc are unable to see the printer even after already connecting to its wifi radio. What a mess.

fgbcgp
Apprentice

Same problem with my IP110.

What worked for me is to use the parental control in my router to block internet access for the printer. The printer still works on my wireless network, but the 'phone home' option is blocked in this way.

Hopes this helps for someone else as well.

vldt
Apprentice

If you have a smart router, you might find it's much easier to just block all traffic originating from the printer's MAC address towards the Internet. This worked for me. I could get my printer's MAC address from my router.

Hopefully nothing nefarious was going on and it's just a case of some SSL certificate expiring or something benign like that. Probably just some Canon usage data collection that we didn't realize we agreed to. Although I don't really remember ever having to click through any agreements when I started using my printer.

It will be interesting to see what Canon has to say about this problem.

BBJ
Apprentice

I’m having same problems since June 1st. I’ve read many comments saying to somehow disconnect printer from the router and use wire from laptop to printer.

Doesn’t that defeat the purpose of a wireless printer? I purchased this printer just for that feature. It doesn’t seem right that Canon answered my inquiry with an offer of a discount on a new printer!!!!!!

APRILE
Contributor

Has anyone solved this problem?  Myself and 3 friends are now all having the same issue.  HELP CANON

Hi!

We've released a firmware update to take care of this issue. Learn more now by clicking HERE.

Hope this helps!

Hi Danny after i do that update should I hardwire to my printer? or will wifi work?

As mentioned in the instructions, you're free to resume using Wi-Fi as your preferred connection method once the firmware update is complete.  You will need a USB cable to do the firmware upgrade, though.

Glad we could help!

NOT WORKING HELP

Announcements