cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP110 Turns on for a few seconds, then shuts down on its own

dtopple
Apprentice

Hi - my IP110 will turn on, power light goes on for a few seconds and it sounds like the printer is starting up as normal.  However, after a few seconds, before it gets to the point of being able to print, the printer simply turns off on its own.  Any suggestions on how I can correct this?  Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamanthaW

Your satisfaction is important to us, and we apologize for any inconvenience you may be experiencing.  A firmware update is available to fully resolve this issue.   You can download the firmware update and find easy installation instructions at canon.us/power.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21

Hello, I had the same issue and after turning off the internet, then turning on the printer, it stayed on.  I turned on the internet after the printer and I am waiting to see whether the printer will turn off.  The thread is new, I wonder if everyone had this problem occur pretty close together in time.  The only commonality is the printer and its software.

SamanthaW

Your satisfaction is important to us, and we apologize for any inconvenience you may be experiencing.  A firmware update is available to fully resolve this issue.   You can download the firmware update and find easy installation instructions at canon.us/power.

Thank you SamanthaW !! Problem solved !!

I can't do this because printer will not stay powered on long enough to transfer the firmware!  Maddening!

Have you tried shutting off your router and modem while running the firmware update? Maybe that'll allow the printer to stay on.

That's exactly what I had to do in order to make the firmware update and it worked for me.

Worked for me as well!

This fixed the power cycle issue.  But now my MB5320 doesn't print every line in certain documents that I have printed successfully many times before.  There are blank lines where there should be data/text.

That actually sounds like something caused by either clogged cartridges or an print head alignment issue. Have you tried running the printer utility to see if the Canon maintenance tools will improve print quality?

It is working fine now.  All I did was leave it powered down overnight.  Thanks.

Announcements